iPhone is draining quickly. what to do
A quick discharge of a smartphone can be associated with battery wear, operation of resource-proof applications, improper configuration or permanent search for cellular communication.
To properly diagnose the problem, it is necessary:
- carefully examine the iPhone parameters;
- Check the battery resource through special utilities;
- evaluate the physical condition of the device.
If the phone is new, then with a high probability of the source of the problem, there is a bad application optimization or permanent background updates. In more rare cases, fast discharge is related to the iPhone marriage.
Background update programs
Each application is regularly updated. Update occurs by loading content via mobile network or Wi-Fi. Internet work in the background speeds up the battery discharge.
To enhance the autonomy of the device, it is recommended to disable automatic background updates. It is recommended to update the utilities when the phone is charging.
In the “Update content” section, you will need to disable the automatic download of the new version for all frequently updated applications.
For trouble-free use of individual programs, it is necessary to receive updates regularly. When autoload is disabled, you must independently check for new versions of utilities at least once a month.
Every iPhone is equipped with a GPS module for obtaining location data. Due to constant synchronization with satellites, the phone starts to discharge too quickly.
The solution to the problem is to use geolocation only when necessary. The rest of the time you need to keep the GPS turned off. To turn off GPS, go to settings, select the “Privacy” section and turn off location services.
If for some reason this function must be always enabled (for example, to launch the navigator as quickly as possible), then you can optimize its operation by prohibiting some applications and games from accessing geolocation. After the ban, the charge will not be spent on constantly searching for satellites until the application from the list of allowed ones is launched.
Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
New iPhone models use the most advanced Bluetooth and Wi-Fi modules, despite this, they can slightly increase battery consumption. If the main goal is to extend the work from a single charge to the maximum, then you can turn off these services.
Bluetooth is used for synchronization with Smart watches and for connecting headphones. If these gadgets are not used, then you can disable this module until it is required. Wi-Fi-module allows you to receive a signal from the router, thereby connecting to a home or public Internet network.
Always-on Wi-Fi automatically connects to the router as soon as it comes into range. To save battery, you can turn on the module only when necessary, but this is not as comfortable as automatic connection.
If the iPhone is quickly discharged, then it is necessary to check which elements of the interface are actively working. Some widgets that download a lot of information from the Internet or constantly request location data speed up the device discharge by 3-5%.
To optimize the operation of the smartphone, you need to swipe left on the main working screen. A list of active widgets will open. To configure, you need to scroll down and click on the “Change” button. In the menu that opens, you can turn widgets on and off. To conserve battery power, it is recommended to turn off the news and location elements of the interface in the first place.
Brightness is a parameter that directly affects the battery discharge rate. The brighter the display, the faster the iPhone sits down. For normal operation of the phone, it is enough to set the auto-brightness parameters. Indoors, the display brightness will automatically decrease, outdoors and bright light will increase.
For maximum savings, you can reduce the brightness to a minimum, but be aware that this will make it difficult to use the iPhone in bright daylight.
Automatic content downloads
iPhone can automatically download not only updates, but also various content (music, audiobooks and programs). Various content starts downloading automatically if the person previously owned an Apple device and signed in to iTunes with their old account.
To turn off automatic downloads, you need to go to settings, click on “iTunes Store and App Store”, in the tab, uncheck all content. If you want to re-enable updates and download in automatic mode, you can at any convenient time without any difficulties.
Cellular communication. radio communication, thanks to which all mobile phones and smartphones work. If you disconnect from it, you will not be able to make calls, receive calls and use the Internet.
To establish a connection with radio base stations, a fairly large amount of charge is spent, especially if the radio tower is far away. If you don’t need cellular service for a particular period of time, you can switch to offline mode to slow down the drain on your iPhone.
If you need to always be in touch, then you can only turn off the Internet at those moments when it is not in use. This will also allow you to deal with fast discharge.
Various instant messengers, games and programs notify a person through a notification. When a notification arrives, the screen lights up for a few seconds, which negatively affects autonomy. Especially quickly, the iPhone starts to run out of battery when there are many applications installed, and each of them tries to notify about something.
Find the most expensive apps
To better understand why your iPhone is draining quickly, you need to find the apps that use the most battery. You can find this out through Settings Battery.
Here you will see the rating of applications that consume the battery the most. Try to use them as little as possible.
iPhone Energy Saving Tips
You can save battery power in the following ways:
- Update your operating system to the latest version;
- In moments when you do not need communication, turn on the airplane mode module;
- Turn off the option to automatically update utilities;
- Set the option to automatically lock the display after 30 seconds of inactivity;
- Lower the display brightness and turn off the sound and vibrations;
- Turn off sync in iCloud and other apps.
Well, in case you need to save the charge of the gadget for the longest possible period, it is recommended to turn off the iPhone. In this state, the device will practically not waste battery power.
Click the link below to watch a video that shows how to extend the battery life of your iPhone:
iPhone (iPad) drains quickly? Eliminate the cause in 1 minute!
Regardless of the version of iOS, users have always found themselves in a situation where the iPhone is quickly discharged. At what this problem occurs in quite a few people, but not many people pay attention to it and not immediately.
In this article I will tell you how to get rid of this misfortune and return the battery of your iPhone to its former endurance. By the way, the information in this article also applies to iPads.
In my case, I accidentally noticed that the percentage on the residual charge meter began to disappear somehow unnaturally quickly. I even began to conduct experiments: I charged the iPhone battery to 100% and left it to doze on the table all night.
And what would you think? To my great regret, the experiments confirmed my fears. the iPhone really discharged abnormally quickly.
Overnight (about 7 hours) I lost over 20% of my battery. This is provided that the phone was not used at all, and was in low power mode. It was just a disaster! What to do?
An unplanned iPhone repair is coming, or the problem lies in the software? A whole bunch of questions swirled in my head, with which I turned to the Internet. And here’s what I found.
The thing is that somewhere in the “depths of iOS” a conflict may arise, which partially brings down one of the applications, which in turn begins to “eat energy” intensely.
T.e. everything seems to be normal, and you use your phone as usual, but at one fine moment it starts to “devour” charged lithium ions at an incredible speed.
And note that all this happens for no apparent reason, regardless of the version of iOS and the model of your iPhone. My iPhone, for no reason at all, began to discharge quickly and at 5.one.1, and on iOS 6.one.3, and on iOS 7.0.6. Recently released iOS 7 firmware.one. I think it has the same flaws.
Now you are probably asking, “So what to do when the iPhone is quickly discharged?». The answer is always the same. “Follow the instructions below.»
If your iPhone starts draining quickly, you need to clear the contents of the RAM (close all applications) and reboot the device in a hard way.
And now in more detail, for those who do not understand what needs to be done:
STEP 1. Close all open applications on the iPhone. To do this, double-click on the Home button to call up the multitasking panel, where we close all applications by swiping the icons up.
Attention! Close all applications. Only the home screen should remain.
STEP 2. Hard reset the iPhone. To do this, simultaneously hold down the Home (round button under the screen) and Power (on the top edge of the phone) buttons. Hold until the screen turns off (about 7 seconds).
If the method above did not help, it is possible that the problem is with the hardware (battery or charge controller). The links below will help you figure it out.
That’s all that needed to be done. The whole procedure takes exactly one minute. Now your iPhone will lie all night and will not be discharged by more than 3%. Checked!
Carry out this procedure at least once every three months And do not forget that batteries and accumulators of any devices are consumables, because.e. lose their properties over time and require replacement.
If the article was useful to you, share it with your friends on social networks. Even if their iPhone does not run out so fast.
Hard reset iPhone 12
Like all technical problems, this one can be solved by hard resetting the iPhone 12. Read more about how it’s done here.
Reset network settings in Settings. Main. Reset. Reset network settings. This will erase all network information including passwords, VPNs and APNs.
All iPhone models have lithium-ion batteries that lose their original capacity over time.
Apple recommends charging your smartphone to 100% once a month and then draining the entire battery to zero. This contributes to the proper functioning of the battery. You can also read about how to extend the battery life of your iPhone. iOS 14 can also optimize the iPhone charging process.
The temperature range of the smartphone
According to Apple’s official information, all existing iPhones are designed to operate at an ambient temperature of 0 to 35 ° C. This means that it is the temperature of the air around the device that gives an idea of the numbers that you should pay attention to when viewing the weather forecast.
In Russia, the temperature in the street rarely exceeds 35 ° C in summer, but regularly drops below zero in winter. In the central part of the country.50 as normal.
In any case, a few extra degrees above 35 ° C for a short time should not cause problems for the smartphone. But if you go on vacation to warm countries, you will have to be more careful with the iPhone. In the same Dubai (United Arab Emirates), popular with tourists, the air temperature rarely drops below 40 ° C in summer.
Fun Fact: Using your phone in very cold temperatures will cause your battery to drain faster, resulting in your iPhone turning off but not damaging the battery. However, operation at very high temperatures can permanently reduce battery life.
The values above are for iPhone use. Safe storage range is.20 to 45°C.
Why does the iPhone get hot
The rapid heating of a mobile device primarily depends on its design features, hardware and the load from the installed software. If the iPhone began to heat up sharply, it is worth finding out the nature of the problem.
Often the smartphone overheats due to natural causes. The most common include:
- Replenishment of energy. One of the most common causes of overheating is iPhone charging. This process is considered natural, since during the interaction of the battery with electricity, a chemical reaction occurs. The problem is that during charging, many load the smartphone due to the included Wi-Fi module or gaming applications. Under the influence of additional load, the battery overheats above the permissible norm, which can lead to a quick failure. To avoid battery wear, it is not recommended to use the device during power replenishment.
- Prolonged use of the gadget. Of course, the most obvious option is long-term use of the smartphone. A constant connection to the Internet, downloading programs or regular software updates, watching videos in high quality, continuous use of the wireless module or Bluetooth technology, long-term passion for games. all this quickly heats up the device. To improve the state of the gadget, you must close all applications that are in the tray and disable nodes that consume a significant amount of energy. You can also disable automatic synchronization or updates for specific programs.
- OS firmware. Incorrect software functioning is also considered one of the reasons affecting iPhone overheating. If the OS is unstable, the processor temperature will definitely start to rise. Often this is due to incorrect jailbreak installation. Rolling back to a stable version of the operating system will help fix the situation. You can perform this operation both with Jailbreak phones and with regular iOS. At the moment, there are many different assemblies, which in many cases behave unpredictably. It is recommended to use the stable version of the software.
- Demanding applications. Earlier it was said that the phone can overheat as a result of prolonged use. However, in some cases, a few minutes are enough for the device to reach the temperature limit. Often this happens as a result of running too demanding programs or games. Multiple applications can also be used at the same time. This approach can harm the phone. For the phone to work stably, it is not recommended to enable demanding software.
Causes of unnatural overheating
The causes of unnatural overheating include the following options:
- Virus Software. iOS is considered one of the most secure operating systems. But still, there are programs that can penetrate deep into the system and cause harm. There are certain representatives of virus programs that can disable not only the operating system, but also the hardware components of the iPhone. One of the most common hardware failures is battery overheating. What to do in this case? The only output will be full cleaning of a smartphone or reinstalling software. After that, it is recommended to install an anti-virus database in the device or check the device for malicious through a computer.
- Moisture in design. If the iPhone has ever fell into a liquid, in the future it may affect the stable battery operation. At a minimum, over time, it will begin to overheat, but in non-discovered cases the contacts on the battery are oxidized, which leads to a complete failure. In case of inclination of the phone in the water, it is recommended to contact the service center. Even if it turns out to dry the device yourself, after time
- Faulty battery. A similar defect arises in cases where the phone is exploited too long. Each battery has a set limit on a container, which is gradually exhausted. For example, after replenishing the energy, the indicator shows 90%, but in fact the battery is only 50% charged. With each charge, the battery heats up more and more, which will one day lead to its depletion. Also, the cause of the breakdown can be frequent replenishment of the charge not up to the limit level. In any case, in order to identify the problem, you need to go to the workshop and diagnose.
- Non-original charger. As a rule, when buying an iPhone, the manufacturer packs the original charger in the kit. However, many users lose the block, after which they are forced to order a similar one from the online store. In rare cases, you can get a worthy replacement, since there are quite a lot of Chinese fakes on the Internet. Poor assembly plays a role, which negatively affects the replenishment of the charge. The battery heats up during the process, and after it the temperature regime of the structure increases. In this case, it is recommended to urgently change the charger. It is advisable to contact a trusted store and study the performance characteristics of the unit on site.
- Personal power controller broke. In each mobile gadget, a coyroller is installed, which is responsible for the flow of electricity. When the node under consideration fails, the phone begins to charge chaotically. That is, if a powerful block is used, current supply can pass, exceeding the installed threshold. In such situations, overheating can be less than. Otherwise, the battery will fail or break. To correct the problem, you need to carefully diagnose the controller. It is strictly forbidden to charge mobile devices in which the node in question has failed.
What practically does not affect the battery charge
The system and its numerous options create a definite load on the battery. But even when you actively use the smartphone, the influence of some of them is not so essential to stop using them in order to save. So, disabling these functions is justified only in the austerity battery mode:
- Active Wi-Fi and Bluetooth modules. Apple can boast of the energy efficiency of wireless modules, so disabling them will not give a big increase in autonomy. In addition, this will create inconvenience in the case of iOS 11, since this version of the OS does not imply the complete deactivation of modules from the curtain, temporarily disconnecting the device from connected networks and devices paired with it. You can turn off modules completely using Siri or system settings.
- Widgets. Disabling widgets will be useful if they often access the network or interact with geolocation. over, energy is consumed during display in order to update data, so when you do not open the panel with widgets, the charge consumption is not critical.
- Autoload content. Disabling the option is useful if you have multiple devices and many applications, since the function provides automatic downloads to multiple devices at once, which causes power consumption.
- Animation and transparency. disabling this option will also not give a significant increase in the battery life of the device.
Turning on the power saving mode allows you to save up to 15% of the charge.
Disabling only these functions in the hope that this will help to significantly reduce charge consumption is not worth it, disabling them is advisable only if carried out in conjunction with other measures.
Pro Tips to Improve iOS 15 Battery Life on iPhone (2021).)
It makes sense to understand the mystery of iOS 15 battery discharge in advance. So let’s first dive a little deeper into what might be causing unusual power consumption on your iPhone and then check out some helpful tips to fix the problem. It goes without saying that you can use the table below to quickly navigate through the guide.
Causes of unexpected battery drain in iOS 15 on iPhone
Well, it’s usually a software bug that causes several issues, including battery drain, out of nowhere. Though it’s not the only culprit to keep in mind. Outdated apps, cluttered storage, and lots of power consuming features can also eat up a big chunk of the battery on your iOS 15 device.
So, how to find out which iPhone apps are killing the most battery life? iOS 15 makes it incredibly easy to track battery usage. This way you can identify the apps that are draining your iPhone battery the most. Go to the “Battery” section in the Settings app and take a close look at your battery usage over the past 24 hours or 10 days.
If you find any apps draining unusually high battery levels, take control of them. You may even have to uninstall/reinstall them if needed. Popular music streaming app Spotify is causing significant battery drain and overheating issues in iOS 15 lately. Users are taking to social media to report the issue and the company is already investigating and working on a solution.
In addition, you also need to make sure that power-hungry features don’t run crazy behind the scenes. You need to either disable these features completely or limit their use. These simple yet effective measures will go a long way in improving the battery life of your iOS 15 device.
Disable App Refresh in the Background
Background app refresh has long been a very power-hungry feature that needs Smart management. Otherwise, he alone can eat the lion’s share of the battery. Hence, you must manage it effectively on your iPhone and iPad. Go to the Settings app on your device and select General. “Background App Refresh”. “Background App Refresh”. Now you can choose to disable this feature completely, which is what I suggested, or disable background refresh for apps selectively. You need to disable the Spotify toggle in iOS 15 to fix battery drain issue.
At the same time, I would also advise you to force close applications as soon as you no longer need them. Swipe up from and hold the Home bar at the bottom of the screen (on Face ID models) or double-tap the Home button (on Touch ID models) to open the app switcher. Then swipe up on the app card to close the app. It can play an important role in extending your iPhone’s battery life.
Turn off location services.
Location Services is another notorious power-hungry feature that needs better management. Otherwise it may cause unexpected battery drain on your iOS 15 device. In my opinion, the best way to manage GPS tracking is to allow only certain apps to use your location data, and that too in your terms. over, make sure that apps are only allowed to access your location when you use the app or when you need location access every time.
To do this, open the Settings app on your iOS 15 device and go to Privacy. “Location Services”. Now you can disable location services completely or choose your preferred setting per app selectively, depending on your needs.
Reduce user interface movement.
When saving battery becomes a necessity, I prefer to reduce the movement of the user interface, including the icon parallax effect. If you don’t mind ditching the app icon animation and parallax effect, use this effective trick to improve your iPhone’s battery life. Go to Settings. Availability. Motion. Now turn on the switch next to Reduce Motion.
Turn on low power mode.
Ever since Low Power Mode returned in iOS 9 (2015), I’ve been using it to extend my iPhone’s battery life. What makes this power-saving feature so effective is the ability to automatically reduce background activity such as getting mail and downloads to save battery life. So be sure to take advantage of this feature to maximize the battery life of your iOS 15 device.
To enable this feature, go to Settings. Battery. Then turn on the switch for low power mode. Please note that iOS 15 automatically turns off low power mode when the battery is sufficiently charged (more than 80%). Since this is temporary and only remains active until the next proper charge, you will need to manually turn it on every time you want to extend battery life.